Being born and brought up in Bengaluru, and currently living in the same city, it might seem a little bizarre if I told you I spent a night at the exquisite JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru in my very own hometown. Well, I had earned a free night for being a Marriott Rewards member and I had to redeem it at any Marriott hotel across the world within a specified date. Unfortunately, I couldn’t travel anywhere within the specified time and had to choose a hotel in Bengaluru. I chose the JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru because it is located in the heart of the city and would give me a chance to explore few of Bengaluru’s iconic attractions like Cubbon Park, Vidhana Soudha, and Freedom Park. Being a Marriott Rewards member gives you an array of benefits and I will explain to you later in this post, why it is wiser to book directly with the Marriott website than other third-party websites.
About the Property
If you visit Bengaluru and are willing to stay at a 5-star hotel, look no further and book the JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru. This luxury hotel has 17 floors, 255 rooms and 26 suites which feature thoughtful details like private balconies and marble bathrooms. Rooms cost anywhere between 11000 INR to 15000 INR per night and suites cost anywhere between 18000 INR to 25000 INR per night. The best part about the hotel is that it overlooks Cubbon Park and gives you breathtaking views of its lush greenery. Bengaluru is known as the garden city of India and you will know why once you visit this park.
With their signature Marriott service and unmatched amenities, the JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru truly embodies a five-star experience. They have a fitness center, a yoga studio, and a spa. If you wish to get a quick hairdo, you can head to their in-house luxury hair salon: The Warren Tricomi Salon.
Undoubtedly, the location of the JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru is one of the best and I can vouch for it. It is strategically located in Vittal Mallya Road to help you discover the best of Bengaluru. It is located within walking distance of Cubbon Park, Vidhana Soudha, Visvesvaraya Technological Museum, and Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium – all being the city’s famous attractions.
Shopping enthusiasts will not be disappointed either. Whether you want to buy an expensive Gucci handbag or a locally handmade scarf, Bengaluru has it all. For luxury shopping, one can head to the UB Mall located right next to the hotel. For medium to budget shopping, one can head to Brigade Road or MG Road.
Award Winning Restaurants
Spice Terrace at the JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru is listed as one of the top 10 best Indian restaurants in the country. Located by the poolside, this restaurant serves delicious food and has recently launched a Microbrewery as well. Spice Terrace also hosts amazing late-night parties so that you can dance till you drop and head straight back to your room without much struggle!
Italian food-lovers can head to Alba, an upscale fine dining restaurant that serves everything from thin-crust pizzas to fresh homemade pasta. I really love the breakfast buffet served at the JW Kitchen every morning because it has vegan-friendly options. And for those with a sweet tooth, look no further and head to Bengaluru Baking Co. They serve the best red velvet cake in the world! They also have different methods of brewing aromatic coffee and few of their must-try drinks are the syphon, V60 pour over and French press.
After being personally benefitted from the Marriott Rewards program, I would recommend it to anyone looking at booking a Marriott hotel for their upcoming stay. Becoming a Marriott Rewards member is rather easy. All you have to do is create an account on the Marriott website and that is it! You become a member and are eligible to redeem their rewards. Below are the exclusive benefits of being a Marriott Rewards member and booking directly on their website:
1. Complimentary WiFi: One of the most important things you need to know is that only the Marriott Rewards members get complimentary WiFi throughout their stay at the hotel. Those who book on other websites need to pay 1000 INR per day for WiFi.
2. Earn points and other perks: For every night you stay at a Marriott hotel, you earn generous points. Apart from this, they also run exclusive offers like giving you a free night’s stay if you book for 2 consecutive nights at their hotel. I earned my free night’s stay for staying at Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Washington D.C for 2 consecutive nights.
3. 30 different brands under the same umbrella: The Marriott Group recently acquired Starwood Hotels & Resorts creating the world’s largest and best hotel company. Brands like The Ritz-Carlton, Sheraton Grand, Westin, etc are all part of the Marriott group. Those of you who have the Ritz-Carlton Rewards or the SPG Rewards can transfer/link it to your Marriott Rewards account thereby enjoying more benefits across 6700 properties around the world!
4. Member and Corporate Rates: If you are a Marriott Rewards member, you get discounted rates on a room which is called the Member rate. If you’re working for a company and the company has a tie-up with the hotel, you can ask the concerned department/the hotel for your company’s promotion code. You can enter this code on the Marriott website and see the differential rates. You can either avail the Member rate or the Corporate rate but not both. I usually compare both the rates and choose the cheaper one if I’m traveling for leisure. However, even if you choose the Corporate rate, you’re still eligible to earn points and other benefits during your stay.
5. Mobile check-in and check-out: Marriott Rewards members can download the Marriott Rewards App and use it for easy check-in and check-out. By easy check-out, I mean just handing over your keys at the front desk and walking straight through the door!
On a final note, the ever smiling staff, the warm hospitality of the management, the extraordinary ambiance, and next-level pampering truly made my stay absolutely memorable. I think each one of us should indulge in luxury at least once in our life simply because we all deserve some amount of generous pampering! What do you think?
Thanks to the JW Marriott Hotel Bengaluru for making my stay memorable. As always, thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.
If you’re looking at booking the hotel, click here.